Family Physicians and Interprofessional Teams
HIG will support your team to build quality improvement capacity, solving problems for today and the future. Tackle the improvements that matter the most to you, which will lead to improved patient outcomes, better patient and team experience, and better clinic processes.
Primary and specialty practices can engage in learning programs that help design their path for improved patient care delivery.
Physician and team program achievements
Through the use of practical and evidence-based tools, you and your team will be guided to:
- diagnose your clinic health to assess your practice and identify your biggest opportunities for improvement.
- build capacity for change to foster the skills and knowledge in your team to create change.
- Apply dynamic high-impact changes that will target business, operational, and clinical processes that matter the most to you and your patients.
Practice Facilitators and QI Coaches
Practice facilitation is an essential resource that supports physicians and teams to implement improvements within their practice environments. Practice facilitators establish long-term relationships in clinical practices, becoming a resource for ongoing quality improvement (QI) and evidence translation..
HIG offers practice facilitator training, mentorship, and a connection to a global network of practice facilitators.
Our program will advance your skills and competencies in:
- quality improvement methods, tools, and resources suited for community practices.
- understanding the high-impact changes that support primary care and specialty care practices to optimize patient care delivery.
- facilitating practice change grounded in the art and science of improvement.
- rapidly responding and supporting innovative and practical change within practices.
- delivering tools and resources that make a sustainable impact within practices.
- implementing a set of high impact facilitation approaches to make you stand out as a practice facilitator.
Provincial and National Healthcare Organizations
Building a culture of quality improvement starts with a clear vision, aligning leadership for transformation, and having a customized organizational plan for change.
HIG has the experience and expertise to support national and provincial health ministries, medical associations, health authorities, primary care networks, specialty care groups, long term care, community services, and correctional services to design tailored plans for change.
Organizations will acquire:
- an organizational plan that promotes evidence-based practices to improve patient health outcomes, better patient and provider experience, and better system value.
- dynamic strategies to build capacity in physician champions and practice facilitators who support frontline teams to implement improvements.
- tested approaches designed to spread and scale sustainable improvements.
- practical methods, tools, and resources to engage frontline, interdisciplinary teams and build their ‘quality improvement muscle’ for change.
- high-impact changes that advance transformation through application.